Check out the most complete Bucket List of Lisbon and enjoy the Capital of Portugal!
Visiting our capital guarantees a cultural vacation, visits to magnificent monuments, historical museums and walks among beautiful historical buildings. However, it can be so much more than that! You can be up to an unique, diverse experience and be sure that our capital will provide any activity you desire! Here for the bucket list, don’t let these opportunities pass you by, by any chance!
- Walk around Lisbon’s downtown: Comercio Square, Rossio Square, Restauradores Square, Liberdade Avenue, Marquês de Pombal Square, Augusta Street, among other names that will seem familiar to you once you get to know the historical centre of our capital!
- Take the Santa Augusta Elevator. This will transport you from Lisbon’s downtown to the hills that abound in our capital in just minutes, while offering a beautiful view and a typical portuguese experience.
- The tram experience. This rustic, historic mean of transportation is very typical of Lisbon and this ride will provide you with direct interaction with Lisbon’s past!
- Visit the Castle of São Jorge. Continue the trip back in time in Lisbon by visiting this great attraction! It provides you an amazing view of the whole city. From here you can admire the vast number of typical portuguese red-tiled rooftops and gaze at the river, while relaxing and walking around the castle’s beautiful garden.
- Visit the Parque das Nações, the Interactive Science Museum and Lisbon’s Oceanarium. Although this places may be more directed to the underage crowd, featuring activities all year round for kids, they do not cease to amaze even adults!
- Edward VII Park. Take a walk in Lisbon’s largest central park, soak up the sun and relax there!
- Experience Lisbon’s nightlife. Whether you wish to hop from bar to bar and dance or relax in a lounge place, Lisbon won’t disappoint you! You can start your night at a chill café of Chiado, continuing to Bairro Alto for some dinner! If you wish to continue your night awake, follow the streets that lead to the dock of Alcantara where all the bars and clubs emerge. If your scene is more of a cultural, mature vibe, try venues such as the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, São Carlos Theater or a charming cozy Fado House.
- Visit the Jerónimos Monastery. The historic building is a UNESCO World Heritage and absolutely fascinating in its architecture and size!
- Belém Tower. Also on the Tagus River bank, is this charming monument worth exploring! Not only is it a UNESCO World Heritage site, it is also one of Portugal’s Seven Wonders!
- The Monument to the Discoveries. Right across the road from the monastery is this iconic monument and also the Tagus River, the longest Iberian River. Being a representation of one of the greatest episodes in Portugal’s history, visiting it is a must!
- Taste the famous Pastel de Belém. If you’re a food lover, this typical portuguese pastry will do wonders for you! You will want to take some back to your country! (Hint: Right next to the Jerónimos Monastery you find an amazing place that produces and sells them non-stop).
And so ends this list but don’t expect this short number of activities to cover everything that you can do in Lisbon! This is a mere sum up! The city provides its tourist with not only hospitality and affordable prices but also experiences on the turn of every corner, not one dull moment in sight!