Portugal was considered one of the most awarded countries by the World Travel Awards. The expert team of travel agents highlighted Portugal in 16 categories.
From airlines companies, to luxury hotels, resorts, cruises and destinations, discover these Portuguese winners. Enjoy them and travel now through Portugal!
The Portuguese Winners of 2014 World Travel Awards
One of the most awarded countries of Europe in 2014, with 16 awards, is Portugal, announced by World Travel Awards. This election was made by travel agents worldwide.
Discover the Portuguese Winners!
- Europe's Leading Airline to Africa – TAP Portugal
- Europe's Leading Airline to South America – TAP Portugal
TAP Portugal was founded on March 14th, 1945, under the name of Portuguese Air Transport. It is the biggest airline of Portugal and the head office is in Lisbon.
- Europe's Leading Boutique Hotel – Vila Joya
This 5* Hotel is located in Albufeira (Algarve) – about 40min from Faro’s Airport. It has a restaurant with 2 Michelin stars, 20 rooms and picturesque views to the ocean.
- Europe's Leading Boutique Resort – Choupana Hills Resort & Spa
It is a 5* Resort, located in Santa Maria, Funchal – Madeira Island. The spacious rooms are in wood bungalows and it each one has contemporary decoration.
- Europe's Leading Cruise Destination – Lisbon
- Europe's Leading Cruise Port – Port of Lisbon
The port of Lisbon has a long tradition on the cruises market. It has more than 1500mtrs of quays and it’s a long time ago a shelter for tourism ships cruises.
- Europe's Leading Design Hotel – The Vine Hotel
It is located in Funchal, Madeira Island, and if you check some pictures of the hotel you will immediately understand why the hotel won this award. Amazing views over the city and the ocean, the last floor terrace has an incredible heated pool. The rooms are decorated according to each season: winter, spring, summer and autumn.
- Europe's Leading Hotel Residences – Pine Cliffs Residence
Pine Cliffs Residence is a Luxury Hotel Collection and it is located in Albufeira, Algarve. Belongs to the Pine Cliffs Resort. The guests can rest in one of the 154 elegant residences and they are just 10min walking of the beach.
- Europe's Leading Island Destination - Madeira Islands
The “garden” of the Atlantic Ocean. You can visit the island all year and the bests seasons are on the New Year’s Eve, because of the firework (it won several awards), and about April/May, the flower period.
- Europe's Leading Landmark Hotel – Bairro Alto Hotel
It’s in the capital, Lisbon, and the decoration is simply fantastic.
- Europe's Leading Luxury Resort – Conrad Algarve
If you check some photos of this resort, you’ll understand the reason of this award. The Conrad Algarve is in Quinta do Lago, about 20 min of the airport, and it is a paradise for the golfers and for those who love contemporary hotels.
- Europe's Leading River Cruise Company – Douro Azul
The main office is in Oporto and the company offers cruises with accommodation.
- Europe's Leading Tourist Board – Turismo de Portugal
- Europe's Leading Villa Resort – Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel
This 5* Resort is located in Sagres, Algarve, and it has boutique villas and rooms, with balconies and private terraces.
- Europe's Most Romantic Resort – Vila Vita Parc
We need to say this: “love is in the air” in this resort. Is in the top of a hill with a very special views for the Atlantic Ocean. Located in Armação de Pêra, Algarve, the buildings have Moorish styles and tropical gardens.
- Europe's Leading All Inclusive Resort – Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa
If you want to spend your vacations in a place with no worries, you have to choose this resort. It is in Porto Santo, Madeira.
Thank you so much for all the votes!